HCAIM Webinar: Can Ethics and AI work together?
On October 21, 2021, at 13:00 CET, we will be having a real live session with two eminent academics from the University of Naples Federico II, namely Prof. Carlo Sansone who is a full professor in Computer Science and Engineering and Prof. Guglielmo Tamburrini, a full professor of Philosophy of Science and Technology.AI is a broad, multi-disciplinary study, encompassing engineering, mathematics, computer science, and now – societal awareness.
We will discuss the technological advancements of AI – but more particularly about the topic of ethics and IT – especially with the emergence of AI. Can they work in harmony with each other?
The topics that will be discussed live will be about the following and more obviously:
- How can we go about explaining the need for trustworthy, ethical, and technically robust AI to a person, outside the field of technology?
- How would you explain it to a person, currently engaged in the development of AI-based solutions?
- Can ethics and AI work together? It is a common argument that the standardization of ethical AI will impede innovation. After all, we all are in favour of technological innovation but how to do it in the most reliable and sustainable way?
- Finally, how do you intend to tackle this challenge in the context of this AI Masters’s program? How do you intend to develop professionals who can be more informed about these issues?
- What are the Top Societal Competences for an Artificial Intelligence Professional: The HCAIM Industry Correspondents Speak Up
Tarry Singh (CEO, deepkapha AI Lab & Real AI B.V.) will be hosting this webinar series. We will be hosting a lot of exciting topics pertaining to human-centred AI throughout 2021 – 2022 until the definitive launch of the human-centred AI Masters in fall 2022.
All sessions will run live and will be hosted on LinkedIn Live. You can view the recorded sessions at our Webinars Archive. We will have more engaging discussions with top industry leaders including our project partners from Universities, Research Labs, Industry parties and others. A complete list of all project partners can be found here. View the live event here.